Coordinated Entry is a process developed to ensure that all people experiencing a housing crisis have fair and equal access to resources and that they are quickly identified, assessed for, and referred and/or connected to housing assistance based on their strengths and needs.


Eligibility - The Thurston County Coordinated Entry system serves Thurston County residents experiencing literal homelessness. Literal homelessness is defined as follows:

  • Living and sleeping outside
  • Sleeping in a place not meant for human habitation
  • Staying in a shelter
  • Fleeing/attempting to flee domestic violence
  • Exiting an institution (jail, mental health facility….where you resided for up to 90 days and were in a shelter or a place not meant for human habitation immediately prior to entering that institution.

How It Works - If you meet the eligibility requirements and are in need of housing services, please contact the appropriate coordinated entry provider below to schedule an intake appointment. Completing the CE intake appointment will allow for the household to be added to the master list for a referral to continuous-stay shelters and housing programs as those resources become available.

*Please note that intake appointments are not designed for immediate shelter or housing placements. Emergency and night-by-night shelters operate on a first-come first-serve basis and do not require a referral from CE.

Below is a list of the main Coordinated Entry providers in Thurston County. You can make a CE appointment by calling providers or the Thurston County Housing and Shelter Hotline. Walk-ins are also available at select locations Monday-Thursday. Please CLICK HERE to see  the most up to date CE walk-in hours and locations. Thank you!

Coordinated Entry Provider for single adults or couples without children under the age 18:

Family Support Center of South Sound

Please call the Thurston County Housing and Shelter Hotline 1-844-628-7343 and press 1

Coordinated Entry Provider for families with at least one child under the age of 18, pregnant, or fleeing/attempting to flee DV:  Family Support Center of South Sound

Please call the Thurston County Housing and Shelter Hotline at 1-844-628-7343 and press 1

Homeless report

Coordinated Entry Provider For youth and young adults who are age 18-24:

Community Youth Services

Please call the Thurston County Housing and Shelter Hotline at 1-844-628-7343 and press 3

English CE Flyer Feb 2024
Spanish CE Flyer Feb 2024
EPRA Flyer
Shelter List Flyer_2023-24

FAQs: Below are responses to commonly asked questions. You can access these answers and more using the Coordinated Entry FAQ Sheet.  The weekly CE walk-in calendar is available by CLICKING HERE. To see what is new with the Thurston County Coordinate Entry System, CLICK HERE.

  1. I need emergency shelter. Can coordinated entry help me?
    • No. Individuals who are seeking immediate shelter should contact the emergency shelters below during business hours. If you are seeking shelter outside of business hours, please call the Thurston County Shelter and Housing Hotline 844-628-7343. Below is a list of emergency shelters in Thurston County:
    • Union Gospel Mission is a nightly shelter that operates on a first-come, first-serve basis. This shelter serves individual adults. Open from 8:00pm-4:30am. For more information, please call 360-352-8596
    • Rosie’s place is a First come, first serve shelter for youth ages 18-24 and is open from 9:00pm to 8:30am. Located at: 520 Pear St. SE Olympia, WA 98501 (Corner of Pear & Legion, behind Jack-in-the-Box). For more information, please call 360-918-7879
    • Please see the image below for a comprehensive list of shelters.
  2. I was able to schedule and complete a coordinated entry intake appointment. What’s next?
    • After an intake appointment has been completed, the client is placed on a waiting list to be connected with an available resource that the client is interested in. When a resource (case manager, shelter, rental assistance, permanent housing, etc.) is available, someone will reach out to the client directly to discuss the next steps.
  3. I am currently experiencing homelessness but am able to stay with friends or family for at least 30 days in a row if I contribute financially to the household. Can coordinated entry help me?
    • Diversion Assistance might be possible. If you have a family or friend that will allow you to be housed with them for at least 30 days, a diversion assessment should be completed in order to assess the need for financial assistance. Please call the CE hotline at 844-628-7343 and choose which option best describes your household composition.
    • CLICK HERE for more information about resources in our community.
  4. My household needs rental assistance. Can coordinated entry help me?
    • Coordinated Entry is for individuals experiencing literal homelessness. Households needing eviction prevention should CLICK HERE for more information.
  5. What are the options for housing referrals once coordinated entry intake has been completed?
    • During the intake appointment individuals will be asked to share their housing interests. Please note that this does not guarantee a bed or unit when selecting; when referrals are open, the next person on the list that is interested and eligible will be referred. Each program has its own requirements and eligibility criteria. Please call the Thurston County Housing and Shelter Hotline at 844-628-7343 and choose which option best describes your household composition.
  6. How do I make sure I stay active on the list?
    • It's important to keep in touch with the coordinated entry system so that you remain active and can be contacted for any available resource. It's also important to keep the system updated with any new contact information you may have. The best way to do both is to reach out directly to the coordinated entry provider for your household.
    • For families and survivors of family/sexual violence, please contact the Family Support Center (FSC) at 360-754-9297 x 215 or 
    • For single adults and couples without children, please contact the Family Support Center (FSC) at 360-754-9297 x 215 or
    • For young adults between ages 18-24, please contact Community Youth Services (CYS) at 360-943-0780
  7. Where am I on the Master list?
    • People are placed on the Master List based on their assessment score and when they did their assessment. As people are added/removed, other people's position on the list may change-- it may go up, or down.
    • Each housing and shelter resource has their own set of criteria, and you may be at the top of one resource list, while being at the middle of another, all because the criteria are different.
    • For providers working with clients, what is important to know and confirm is that a household is on the list, that their preferred housing options are selected and that their contact information is up to date including phone, email, associated provider, and where they can be located. This assures they stay active on the list and we can locate them for all housing options they are eligible and interested in. Providers should get in touch with to provide any pertinent updates about a household.
  8. Why should I refer someone (or personally access the services) if they are fleeing/attempting to flee intimate partner domestic violence to Family Support Center?
    • Family Support Center is one of the community’s access points for those fleeing or attempting to flee DV, utilizing the Jackie Campbell Danger Assessment for placement on the DV housing list. FSC is currently the only agency trained to administer this assessment within the Thurston County Coordinated Entry System and has access to help with both DV and housing support. Anyone who is fleeing or attempting to flee is eligible for the DV master housing list. If the client would like to be added to the DV housing list, a referral to FSC is necessary.

For a full list of FAQs and responses, CLICK HERE. Still have questions? Please email